Alight Solutions Is Looking For A Workday Project Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Deployment Services business group within Alight Solutions, available to be worked virtually if an applicant is not located within commutable distance to one of our office locations. As a Workday Project Manager, you will report directly to the Workday Delivery Manager and lead a project team of around twenty but could be up to forty, if it is a full platform deployment in Workday HCM, Payroll and Financials implementations. This position supports Alight Solutions benefits administration and HR BPO platform businesses.
Your Impact As A Workday Project Manager
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities and enforcing accountability, developing and maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Maintain standard project management documentation and metrics with limited direction. Work directly with internal and external client counterpart, other project leads, and ongoing operations to deliver successful implementation and manage scope.
- Manages Workday implementations through all life cycles stages.
- Execute Project Plan: Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Communicates: Provides information to others both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization to customers and other external sources.
- Monitor and Control Project Work: Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Manage Project Scope: Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes as defined in the change management plan; facilitate customer acceptance.
- Communicate Project Plan: Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations regarding the project plan to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risks in order to minimize the impact on the project.
- Client Relationship: Establishes and maintains client relationships. Communicates feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Obtain Project Approval From Customer: Obtain project plan approval from the customer.
- Execute Resource Allocation Plan: Manage resource allocation proactively by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are assigned according to the project plan.
- Close Contractual Obligations: Formalize final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables lists, scope, and any organizational procedures.
- Measure Customer Satisfaction: Measure customer satisfaction at the end of the project by capturing customer feedback using appropriate techniques to gain, maintain, and improve customer long-term relationships.
- Celebrates Accomplishments: Celebrates, either formally or informally, the accomplishment of goals.
- Engages Others: Engages others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
- Contributes to the overall team: Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, documented deliverables, and facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops.
- Understands quality: Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3-7 years previous program/project management experience required including scope and requirements definition, problem solving and process improvements in current Internet-based technology environment.
- Experience leading a project implementation of Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or similar applications.
- Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects.
- Previous functional/technical HCM, Payroll and Financials deployment experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization
- If not already certified, must successfully pass Workday HCM and/or Financials Core and PM training classes and retain Workday certification
- Proficiency with MS Project.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities to strengthen skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Workday Certified
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization - both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building
- Ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitate entrepreneurial meetings, and envision a final product and overall market acceptance early in the design and/or development process.
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Represents the company and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Finance or relevant field of study.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.